Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
"I started serving this salad at showers and parties, but I found it most appreciated on New Year's Day. It's very easy to prepare ahead of time. Just add the dressing at serving time."
- 1bunch broccoli, broken into small florets (about 3 cups total)
- 1bunch cauliflower, broken into small florets (about 3 cups total)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1cup raisins
- 1/2cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Combine the broccoli, cauliflower, onions, bacon, raisins, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl; mix gently.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl. Refrigerate salad and dressing separately until serving time.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture; toss to mix.
June Stoos, St. Cloud, Fla.