Broccoli and Cauliflower with Garlic Cheese Sauce
- Yield 6 servings
Use reduced-fat cheese to make a creamy sauce for broccoli and cauliflower.
Make the sauce ahead in the day and reheat before pouring over the veggies.
- 1 head cauliflower, florets only
- 1 bunch broccoli, florets only
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave covered dish, cook cauliflower and broccoli in 1/2 cup water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain any water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, place the flour and gradually stir in the milk and broth. Add the garlic. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted. Pour over the cooked vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.