Broccoli and Cauliflower with Garlic Cheese Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
Make the sauce ahead in the day and reheat before pouring over the veggies.
- 1head cauliflower, florets only
- 1bunch broccoli, florets only
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1cup milk
- 1/2cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave covered dish, cook cauliflower and broccoli in 1/2 cup water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain any water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, place the flour and gradually stir in the milk and broth. Add the garlic. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted. Pour over the cooked vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 76
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 127mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 7g