Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Yield 12 to 16 servings
Super-low in calories, this salad can be made with all broccoli or all cauliflower for the entire salad.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 -- (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, celery, tomatoes, olives and cheese. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Toss dressing with broccoli mixture.
Note: Broccoli is also a great source of Vitamin C and antioxidant nutrients. But remember, it is variety that counts, so always include lots of other veggies.