Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Bacon
- Yield servings
"This makes a great lunch salad when served with a sandwich. I usually cut the recipe in half for a smaller group. It's great any time of year."
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 to 2 cup grated mild cheese
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, optional
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup light salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Toss together all salad ingredients. Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad. When vegetables are evenly coated, refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Consider steaming broccoli and cauliflower until crisp tender. This brings out the bright green color in the broccoli and makes the vegetables easier to eat.
Recipe by Mildred Huffman, Lexington, Va.