Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cheese and Bacon
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1bunch fresh broccoli florets
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 2tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (2-ounce) jar real bacon bits or 10 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine cauliflower, broccoli, and green onions in a bowl. Blend mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together in a bowl. Add the vegetable mixture to the dressing mixture and toss until coated. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese and bacon bits on top before serving.
Variation: Omit the cauliflower or add 1/2 cup raisins
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Telephone Pioneers of America’s Calling All Kids (Telephone Pioneer of America, Alabama Chapter #34, Birmingham, Al., 2002).