- Yield 4 servings
- 1 pound ground Chicken
- 3/4 cup dry prepared Falafel mix
- 3 tablespoons cold Butter cut into very small pieces
- 1 -- Egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons plain whole milk Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water plus 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 -- head of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 package grape tomatoes halved
- 1 -- cucumber sliced thin
- 1 package Thomas' Sahara white Pita bread
Mix chicken, dry falafel mix, butter pieces, egg yolk, yogurt, Garam Masala, cayenne pepper, salt and nutmeg; shape into approximately 32 meatballs. Heat water and the 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Add the meatballs to simmer; shaking and gently turning often, until all of the water cooks away and the meatballs are browned.
Drain meatballs on paper towels.
Yogurt Dill Dipping Sauce
1 cup plain whole milk Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 tablespoon lemon
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix yogurt, dill, lemon, cayenne pepper and salt and chill.
1 cup store bought Tahini
1 cup store bought Classic Hummus
Arrange meatballs, lettuce, tomatoes, pita bread, Tahini, Hummus and yogurt dipping sauce on a tray garnished with parsley and dill sprigs.
Diners are invited to make their own sandwiches..