Bristol Slow-Cooker Barbecue
- Yield 10 servings
This is good served as an entree with potatoes, rice or baked beans.
- 2 small pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the pork into 2 to 3-inch slices. Combine the pork, vinegar, ketchup, water, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, onion, salt, pepper and paprika in a slow cooker and mix well. Cook on High for 3 hours; reduce setting to Low. Cook for 3 to 4 hours longer or until the pork is tender, adding additional water if needed for the desired consistency. Open the slow cooker no more than is necesary during the cooking process.
- To serve, mound the barbecue onto soft sandwich rolls with a slotted spoon. Top with coleslaw if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Bristol, TN/VA, Start Your Ovens, Cooking the Way it Ought'a Be from the Junior Leage of Bristol (The Junior Leage of Bristol, TN/VA 2001)