Brioche with Stewed Walnuts and Dried Fruit
- Yield 20 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- 595 grams all purpose flour
- 567 grams cake flour
- 15 grams dry yeast
- 356 grams water
- 12 egg
- 575 grams butter
- 25 grams salt
- 61 grams sugar
- Stewed Dried Fruits And Walnuts
- 150 grams dried prunes
- 150 grams dried resins, washed and drained
- 150 grams walnuts, toasted and peeled
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 50 grams fresh ginger, minced
- 1 liter water
- 120 grams sugar
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, add the beaten eggs, water with bloomed yeast on second speed with a hook attachment until sticky and pale in color. Slowly add butter, allowing the bread to absorb it a bit at a time. Proof in a bowl cover 2-3 hours until the dough doubles in size. Beat it down by hand on a floured board. Chill overnight.
- Pull out and portion to fill into molds, proof it for 3 hours. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and bake in a 200C oven until the bread is completely golden and feels light.
For Stewed Condiment
- Put all ingredients into a heavy bottom pot and bring to boil. Then cook at medium heat until the fruit becomes soft.