Brimming Baked Peaches
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/2cup crushed plain coconut macaroons (about 4)
- 1/2cup crushed amaretti cookies (about 12)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2cup marsala wine or amaretto liqueur
- 1cup whipping cream
- 2teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter a baking dish into which the peach halves will fit snugly.
- Scoop some flesh from each peach half, leaving about a 1/4-inch shell. Put the flesh in a large bowl and mash it. Stir in the crushed macaroons and amareti, then stir in the egg followed by the marsala or amaretto.
- Set the peach halves in the baking dish and spoon the peach filling into the shells. Bake the stuffed peaches until the filling is firm, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- While the peaches are baking whip the cream to soft peaks. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Take the peaches from the oven, drizzle the tops with melted butter and let sit a few minutes before serving.
- To serve, arrange 2 peach halves on each plate and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Seattle, Celebrate the Rain, Cooking with the Fresh & Abundant Flavors of the Pacific Northwest (The Junior League of Seattle, 2004)