Brie and Mango Quesadilla
- Yield: 30 pieces
- 1/2cup water
- 1/2-- yello onion, thinly sliced and cut into halves
- 2-- poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1-- mango, chopped
- 4 1/2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 10-- flour tortillas
- 1pound Brie cheese or Camembert cheese, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Heat the water in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the onion and remove from the heat. Let stand for 12 minutes or until the onion slices are tender; drain. Mix the poblano chiles and mango in a small bowl. Blend the butter and oil in a small bowl.
- Heat a nonstick or well-seasoned skillet over medium heat for several minutes. Place one tortilla in the hot skillet and heat for 15 seconds on each side until softened. Place a few strips of the Brie cheese on half of the tortilla. Add several onion strips and 1 tablespoon of the mango mixture. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling and brush with melted butter mixture. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Brown the quesadillas one at a time on both sides in a hot skillet over medium heat. Place on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200F oven. Cut each quesadilla into three triangular wedges to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wichita Fall’s Now Serving (the Junior League of Wichita Falls, Tx., 2008).