Breakfast Tofu Scramble
- Yield 2 servings
The turmeric or achiote powder naturally colors the tofu yellow and make it look like scrambled eggs.
This is a wonderful way to start the morning if you wrap the warm tofu mixture into corn tortillas. Serve with salsa.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small jalpeno, seeded and minced or 1 teaspoon chipotle chiles in adobo, minced*
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and crumbled into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric or achiote powder
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or soy cheese
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick saute pan or skillet. Add jalapenos and scallions and saute 1 minute. Add tofu, turmeric and continue to saute 1 minute. Add cheese and soy sauce and stir for a few seconds.