- Black Bean Puree
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2cup minced yellow onion
- 1/4teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1teaspoon cumin seeds, ground
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.5cups cooked black beans
- 1/2cup water
- For Serving
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Fried eggs
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lime wedges
- In a small pot, heat up oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, onion, red chili flakes, cumin, salt and pepper until they begin to soften (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add bay leaf, black beans and water and cook for about 10 minutes until most of the water evaporates.
- Remove bay leaf and puree until desired consistency. If the mixture it too runny, cook for a few more minutes on the stove, over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Serve on tortillas with fresh avocado slices, halved cherry tomatoes, generous squeezes of lime juice and fried eggs.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was posted with permission and originally appeared as Black Bean Breakfast Taco on My Second Breakfast.