Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadilla
- Yield: 4 servings
For a vegetarian version, substitute the bacon for 1/4 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed, then lightly mashed.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4cup milk
- 1/4teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2teaspoons butter
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2cup baby spinach leaves
1. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a fork in a bowl until blended.
2. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet and scramble eggs. Remove to a bowl.
3. In the same pan, heat one tortilla over low. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp cheese over tortilla.
4. Spoon half the eggs on top. Sprinkle half the bacon and spinach and 2 more Tbsp cheese over eggs.
5. Top with another tortilla. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until cheese melts and tortillas are toasted.
6. Repeat with remaining tortillas, eggs, cheese and bacon.
7. Freeze or cut into wedges to serve immediately.
TIP: Freeze for later! Place quesadillas on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze 1 to 2 hours, then place in individual ziptop freezer bags. Reheat in a toaster oven or microwave.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 430
- Fat 29g
- Cholesterol 250mg
- Sodium 760mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 14g