- Yield 12 servings
Raisins, cranberries, walnuts, pecans, almonds, and oats make a beautiful breakfast blend
"This is the recipe my friend Debbie made when we went on retreats twice a year in Kentucky."
- 8 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup each almonds, walnuts and pecans
- 1/2 cup each raisins, cranberries and other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 325F. Combine oats, oil, vanilla and honey. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, turning and stirring every 10 minutes. Add nuts after first 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool. Stir in fruit. Store in an airtight container. Serve with milk or cover a ripe banana with peanut butter and roll in granola. Yield: 11 cups
– Kathie Junker, Lafayette, Tenn.