- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 55 mins
Change up your morning with this casserole of eggs and sausage.
Looking for something different, but easy, for a special morning? No problem: the Breakfast Casserole will save you. Make it the day before while everyone's out sightseeing, refrigerate it overnight, and pop it into the oven the next morning while the coffee is perking. Serve it with a made-ahead fruit salad, or some bananas and orange juice, and your company is not only sure to love it, but will ask you for the recipe.
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Grease a lasagna pan large enough to hold the slices of bread laid out flat.
- Brown the sausage and mix with dry mustard.
- Beat eggs and milk together with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Arrange bread slices in bottom of dish. Spoon on sausage and cheese, and pour egg mixture over all. Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, preheat oven to 350F. Bake casserole 30 to 45 minutes.
Recipe by Pamela Miller, Goshen, Va.