Bread Pudding with Raisins
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- 2cups low fat milk
- 1/4cup butter or margerine
- 3cups soft raisin bread cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2cup California raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine milk and butter in a heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear on the edges. Let cool slightly.
- Place bread cubes in 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour into milk mixture. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
- Place dish in shallow pan of hot water and bake 45 minutes. A knife inserted in pudding will come out clean when pudding is done.