Bread Pudding with Raisins and Cinnamon
- Yield: 6 to 7
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
Old family favorite that our mother used to cook up with leftover bread and she always included raisins. And as we lived on a farm we had most of the other ingredients, (i.e.; eggs, milk, butter), readily handy.
- 6slices day old bread
- 2tablespoons butter (stick margarine) melted
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 4whole eggs (beaten)
- 2cups milk (2%)
- 3/4cup white granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Break bread into bite size pieces and place in baking dish. Drizzle bread with melted butter and sprinkle with California raisins.
- In medium bowl, mix beaten eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract until well blended. Pour mixture over bread and lightly push down until bread is covered with egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Serve warm or cooled.