Bread Pudding with Jack Daniel's Sauce
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Bread pudding:
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 2cups sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 1/2cups milk
- 1loaf (16 ounce) French bread, torn into pieces
- 1/4cup pecans
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Jack Daniel's sauce:
- 2cups confectioners' sugar
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2tablespoons Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
For the bread pudding:
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and salt lightly in a bowl. Whisk in the vanilla and milk until blended.
- Toss the bread pieces and pecans with the butter in a bowl to coat well. Spread evenly in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Pour the milk mixture over the top. Place the pan in a larger pan. Fill the larger pan with water to come halfway up the side of the smaller pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the sauce:
- Whisk the confectioners’ sugar a small amount at a time into the melted butter in a bowl. Fold in the eggs, making sure the butter is not hot enough to cook the eggs. Stir in the whiskey.
- Serve warm over the bread pudding.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Chattanooga, Seasoned to Taste, Savoring the Scenic City (Junior League of Chattanooga 2011)