Bread machine challah
- Yield: 10 servings
- 3/4cup milk
- 2-- eggs
- 3tablespoons butter, melted
- 3cups bread flour
- 1/4cup white sugar
- 1.5teaspoons salt
- 1.5teaspoons active yeast
- 1-- egg, beaten
- 1tablespoon water
1) Add ingredients to the pan of the bread machine in the order specified by the manufacturer.
2) Start your bread machine using the dough setting.
3) After the machine is done, take dough out and place it on a lightly floured surface. Punch it down to deflate and let it rest for five minutes.
4) Divide the dough into three equal pieces and roll into ropes about 12-14 inches long. Braid the strands together and tuck the ends underneath. Place it on a greased cookie sheet or well-seasoned stoneware sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let it rise for one to 1.5 hours until it has doubled in size.
5) Preheat oven to 350-degrees. In a small bowl, beat egg and water.
6) Brush the risen loaf with the egg mixture. Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. If it begins to brown too much, cover it in foil.