Coconut Lime Chicken Brazil
- Yield: servings
- 2tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2-- (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-- large, sweet onion, diced
- 1-- yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 8whole (peeled) garlic cloves
- 4-- (medium sized) tomatoes, chopped
- -- (tomatoes can be seeded, if desired)
- 3/4cup coconut milk
- 1/4cup chicken stock (or broth)
- 2-- green onions, sliced into thin rings
- 2-- red chiles, sliced into thin rings
- 1/4cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4cup golden raisins
- 2teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 4cups cooked sticky rice
Heat olive oil and butter in a 12-14" (high-sided) skillet to medium high. Sprinkle chicken with poulrty seasoning and add to skillet. Brown for 2 minutes per side than add onion, yellow pepper and garlic cloves. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a plate and stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, chicken stock, green onion, red chilis, cilantro and lime juiice. Return chicken to pan and continue to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken has cooked through. Divide rice between 4 warmed dinner plates. Remove chicken and slice at an angle; place on top of rice. Stir raisins into tomato mixture and spoon onto chicken. Sprinkle with lime zest and serve extra lime wedges on the side.
Yield: 4 servings.