Coconut Lime Chicken Brazil
- Yield servings
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 -- (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 -- large, sweet onion, diced
- 1 -- yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 whole (peeled) garlic cloves
- 4 -- (medium sized) tomatoes, chopped
- -- (tomatoes can be seeded, if desired)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or broth)
- 2 -- green onions, sliced into thin rings
- 2 -- red chiles, sliced into thin rings
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 4 cups cooked sticky rice
Heat olive oil and butter in a 12-14" (high-sided) skillet to medium high. Sprinkle chicken with poulrty seasoning and add to skillet. Brown for 2 minutes per side than add onion, yellow pepper and garlic cloves. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a plate and stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, chicken stock, green onion, red chilis, cilantro and lime juiice. Return chicken to pan and continue to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken has cooked through. Divide rice between 4 warmed dinner plates. Remove chicken and slice at an angle; place on top of rice. Stir raisins into tomato mixture and spoon onto chicken. Sprinkle with lime zest and serve extra lime wedges on the side.
Yield: 4 servings.