- Yield 8 servings
Make this appetizer ahead of time to lighten your load on party day.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Blend cheeses in a bowl. Fold in onion and next 5 ingredients. Blend well. Add pecans and parsley. Spoon into a 2-cup crock or bowl and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of New Orleans’ Jambalaya (The Junior League of New Orleans, La., 1983).