- Yield: 8 servings
- 8ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-- (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3tablespoons grated yellow onion
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3cup brandy
- 1/2cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- Blend cheeses in a bowl. Fold in onion and next 5 ingredients. Blend well. Add pecans and parsley. Spoon into a 2-cup crock or bowl and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of New Orleans’ Jambalaya (The Junior League of New Orleans, La., 1983).