Brandy Candied Walnuts
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
A crunchy and flavorful addition to a salad or as a tasty snack
- 1 pound walnuts whole pieces, shelled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 3 ounces orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl toss 1 cup of sugar and remaining ingredients together. Pour mixture on to a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove candied walnuts from oven and sprinkle reserved 1 cup granulated sugar over the top and mix, allow walnuts to cool.
Recipe courtesy of O'Brien's Market and Chef Hank Winkle.