Braised Spinach with Garlic and Tomato
- Yield 4 servings
Loaded with iron, vitamins and folate, spinach is indeed a power food.
Serve as a side dish or over pasta, couscous or grilled eggplant. Sprinkle on a handful of feta cheese if you like.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves, well-washed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a nonreactive large saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds until it begins to brown. Add tomatoes and dill. Cook 2 minutes until a chunky sauce forms. Add spinach and mix well. Continue to saute 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper.