Braised Mushrooms with Buttered Angel-Hair Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2pounds mixed fresh mushrooms
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- 9ounces fresh or dried angel-hair pasta or linguine
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Slice mushrooms into halves or quarters. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and thyme, tossing until garlic begins to soften. Add broth and salt. Cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to warm pan. Stir in butter and parsley, tossing to combine. Divide pasta among 4 serving plates. Make a well in the center of pasta and fill with mushrooms. Drizzle mushroom cooking liquid over the top and season with black pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe adapted with permission from Michele Cranston’s Marie Claire Easy (Thunder Bay Press, 2005).