Braised Mushrooms with Angel-Hair Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 17 mins
This quick-and-easy main-dish pasta stars fresh mushrooms braised in chicken broth or wine.
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 9 ounces fresh or dried angel-hair pasta or linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Slice mushrooms into halves or quarters. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and thyme, tossing until garlic begins to soften. Add broth and salt. Cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to warm pan. Stir in butter and parsley, tossing to combine. Divide pasta among 4 serving plates. Make a well in the center of pasta and fill with mushrooms. Drizzle mushroom cooking liquid over the top and season with black pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe adapted with permission from Michele Cranston’s Marie Claire Easy (Thunder Bay Press, 2005).