Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 servings
This Bow Tie Pasta Salad is an excellent vegetarian dish on a buffet table. Make the vinaigrette up to a week ahead.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup loosely packed sun-dried tomatoes in oil (fill the measure with oil from the tomatoes)*
- 1 -- garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water or tomato juice, to adjust consistency of dressing
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pasta Salad:
- 8 ounces dried bow tie or farfalle pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup minced red onions
- 1 -- (4-ounce) jar oil-packed artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup black oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup well-packed spinach leaves, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- To make the vinaigrette: Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade. Blend or process until smooth and creamy. Blend in enough water or tomato juice to make of dressing consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salad: In a large salad bowl, toss all the ingredients except the feta cheese with vinaigrette (use enough vinaigrette to moisten but not soak the pasta). Top with feta cheese.