- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (2 1/2) pound eye-of-round roast, scored on each side
- Garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4cup A.1 steak sauce
- 3/4cup bourbon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Place the beef in a Dutch oven. Sprinkle with enough garlic salt until almost completely white on top. Sprinkle with enough pepper until almost completely black on top. Drizzle with the butter.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce and steak sauce in a bowl. Pour over the beef. Pour the bourbon over the beef and then the lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 3 minutes or until the alcohol is burned off. Remove from the heat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 4 hours, basting occasionally.
- Bring the beef to room temperature; drain, reserving the marinade. Place the beef on a grill rack.
- Grill over preheated medium coals for 20 to 30 minutes for rare or to the desired degree of doneness, basting with the reserved marinade.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Chattanooga, Seasoned to Taste, Savoring the Scenic City (Junior League of Chattanooga 2011)