Bourbon Pork Tenderloin
- Yield 8 servings
"This truly has become a family favorite. I have served many friends and family, and it has become the very 'best' to all who have had the pleasure of sharing it with us."
- Marinade and Meat:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the marinade by combining soy sauce, brown sugar and bourbon. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Place meat in a zip-top plastic bag. Pour in marinade. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Place pork in baking dish. Bake 2 hours, basting frequently with marinade.
- Cool roast and slice for serving.
- To prepare the sauce, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped onion, mustard, vinegar and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and place in dish to serve with pork.
Recipe by Louise Vilsack, Glenshaw, Pa.