- Yield: 24 pieces
- 1cup Butter
- 4ounces Unsweetened Chocolate Squares
- 1cup Dark Brown Sugar - packed
- 1cup Granulated Sugar
- 3large Eggs
- 1/2teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1tablespoon Vanilla
- 1cup Flour (Whole Wheat or White)
- 1/2cup Boubon
- 6tablespoons Butter-softened
- 3/4cup Cocoa - Dutched processed
- 2 2/3cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3cup Milk or Cream
- 1 1/2teaspoons Vanilla
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir till dissolved. Let cool slightly.
- Add granulated sugar and eggs and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir just until mixed. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Pour into a 9" x 13" inch greased pan.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes in a 350° oven.
- Brush 1/2 cup Bourbon to the top of the above brownie recipe about five minutes after you remove from oven.
- Frosting: Cream butter.
- Add cocoa and powdered sugar alternately with milk or cream.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Place evenly on top of cooled brownies.