- 1 cup Butter
- 4 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate Squares
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar - packed
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour (Whole Wheat or White)
- 1/2 cup Boubon
- 6 tablespoons Butter-softened
- 3/4 cup Cocoa - Dutched processed
- 2 2/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk or Cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
Melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
Add brown sugar and stir till dissolved. Let cool slightly.
Add granulated sugar and eggs and mix.
Add flour, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir just until mixed. DO NOT OVER MIX!
Pour into a 9" x 13" inch greased pan.
Bake approximately 20 minutes in a 350° oven.
Brush 1/2 cup Bourbon to the top of the above brownie recipe about five minutes after you remove from oven.
Frosting: Cream butter.
Add cocoa and powdered sugar alternately with milk or cream.
Blend in vanilla.
Place evenly on top of cooled brownies.