- Yield 6
These dense, sweet treats are bourbon-rich enough to be a very adult indulgence.
- 12 cups crushed vanilla wafers - the original Nilla (4 boxes)
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 4 3/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3 cups bourbon, such as Old Grand Dad's
- Mix vanilla wafers, corn syrup, cocoa powder, 4 cups powdered sugar, 4 cups pecans and bourbon. Refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Shape into balls. Pulverize remaining ¾ cup pecans and sift in remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar. Mix together and roll bourbon balls in mixture.
—Recipe by Susie LaCour
Watch our video to see how it’s made: