Boris’s Boo Biscuits
- Yield: 1 dozen
- 1/2cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4cup applesauce (any plain-not cinnamon)
- 2whole eggs
- 2tablespoons powdered milk
- 1/4cup cider
- 1/2teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/2cups whole wheat flour
- Mix together pumpkin and applesauce.
- Add eggs and whisk till smooth.
- Add powdered milk, pumpkin spice and cider.
- Slowly add flour and mix till a firm dough forms. Dough should not be sticky. If it is add more flour slowly till it is no longer sticky.
- Roll on floured board to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters (we used an autumn set of acorns/leaves/fruits) or a pizza cutter.
- Place on parchment paper covered cookie sheet. They don't need to be spread out too far but they shouldn't touch either.
- An optional egg wash of one egg and a tblsp cider can be prepared if you'd like.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in preheated oven. When done they will be dry throughout to keep longer. Allow to cool in oven thats been turned off to ensure dryness.
- Keep in airtight container.