Bona Mary’s Raisin Pudding
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe from my 75-year-old friend's mother. It is easy and quick, and people love it.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granuated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Add milk and raisins and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 2-quart deep baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, boiling water and butter ; pour over raisin batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Recipe by Dorothy Fischer, Redmond, Wash.