Sesame Chicken Tikka
- Yield servings
- 4 -- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cloves Garlic (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- -- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 -- Scallions (chopped diagonally)
- -- Salt
- -- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 cans chickpeas (15 ounce), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, cut into thin strips.
- 1 -- Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- -- Fresh springs of basil for garnish.
In a food processor or blender, blend the yogurt, sour cream, garlic, cardamom, curry powder, paprika, tumeric, dried basil, lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with the yogurt mixture. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour. Turn after 15 or 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and place in a clean baking dish. Cook for 25-30 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the chicken with the sesame seeds.
While chicken is cooking, prepare the roasted chick pea salad.
Layer the chickpeas, red pepper strips, 1 garlic clove minced, and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and cayenne pepper. Roast in 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and combine all ingredients together. Mix in the fresh chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve dish by laying the chicken on top of the chickpea salad. Sprinkle top of chicken and salad with thinly chopped scallions.
Garnish plate with fresh springs of basil.