Blueberry Sundaes with Cantaloupe
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
A fruity sundae built on sorbet instead of ice cream.
Sure, sundaes are terrific with ice cream, but be adventurous and try some of the new sorbet and sherbet flavors. We liked these with Mamey or other fruit-flavored sherbet. To keep the sundaes cold longer, places glasses of cantaloupe in freezer an hour before assembling and serving the sundaes.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 cups bite-size cantaloupe chunks
- 2 cups mamey sherbet or mango sorbet
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Add blueberries and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thick. Cool.
- Spoon cantaloupe into stemmed glasses, top with sherbet, blueberry sauce and blueberries.
Recipe by Jean Kressy for Relish 2006 Spring Supplement