Blueberry Pudding Cake
- Yield: 9 servings
- 2cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1cup flour
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2cup milk
- 3tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1cup boiling water
- Toss the blueberries, cinnamon and lemon juice in a bowl. Spoon into a greased 8- or 9- inch square baking dish. Combine the flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in the milk and butter. Spoon over the blueberries.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Sprinkle over the batter. Pour the boiling water slowly over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Parkersburg’s Everything But The Entree (the Junior League of Parkersburg, West Virginia, 1999).