Blueberry Pudding Cake
- Yield 9 servings
Try this easy and delicious dessert.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- Toss the blueberries, cinnamon and lemon juice in a bowl. Spoon into a greased 8- or 9- inch square baking dish. Combine the flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in the milk and butter. Spoon over the blueberries.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Sprinkle over the batter. Pour the boiling water slowly over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Parkersburg’s Everything But The Entree (the Junior League of Parkersburg, West Virginia, 1999).