Blueberry Poppyseed Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1cup sugar, divided
- 6tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1large egg
- 1 1/2cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 2cups fresh blueberries, or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed and well drained
- 1/3cup confectioners' sugar
- 1tablespoon lemon juice, approximately
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9- or 10-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 2/3 cup sugar with margarine until light and fluffy. Add lemon rind and egg, beating 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, poppyseeds and baking soda; add to margarine mixture alternately with sour cream. Spread batter over bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine drained blueberries, remaining sugar and remaining flour, mixing gently. Spoon blueberry mixture over batter. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let cool slightly and remove sides of springform pan.
- In a cup, combine confectioners’ sugar and enough lemon juice to form a glaze. Drizzle over top of warm cake.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 206
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat .9g
- Cholesterol 19mg
- Sodium 133mg
- Carbohydrate 37.9g
- Protein 2.8g