- Yield: 18 servings
- 2sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3cups vanilla sugar, divided*
- 4 eggs
- 2cups sour cream
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia extract (available from King Arthur Flour)
- 4cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon cinnamon
- 5 to 6 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2pints fresh blueberries, washed and drained
- 1cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 (9-inch) square baking pans.
- Cream together butter and 2 cups vanilla sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by sour cream and both extracts. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Do not overbeat.
- Whisk remaining cup of sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Spread half of the batter in pans. Add a layer of sliced peaches and blueberries. Sprinkle with about half of the cinnamon sugar. Repeat, using the rest of the batter and remaining fruit. Top with cinnamon sugar and pecan pieces.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
• Keep a canister of vanilla sugar (vanilla bean infusing white sugar) on hand to use in baking. If you don’t have this, you can use plain sugar instead. Makes 2 cakes. The recipe can be halved with fine results.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 457
- Fat 20g
- Saturated Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 331mg
- Carbohydrate 65g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 41g
- Protein 6g