Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
- Yield 9 servings
Try these blueberry treats for breakfast or a snack.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Crust and Crumble:
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 -- sticks sweet butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- For filling: In a medium saucepan stir together all filling ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring often to reduce until mixture is thick & the berries breakdown. 15 minutes. While filling is cooking make crust.
- For crust and crumble: In a medium bowl mix together the first 6 ingredients. Add melted butter to blend well. Reserve 3/4cup for topping. Transfer remaining mixture to baking pan. Press firmly in bottom to form a crust.
- Spoon filling in an even layer. Sprinkle with reaming topping.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool before cutting.