Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake
- Yield 12 servings
This blueberry cake with a streusel topping is a cross between a muffin and cake.
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Streusel topping: Mix sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add vanilla and cut butter using pastry blender or fork to com. Set aside 1/2 cup topping and add pecans to other topping mix.
- Preheat oven 375F. Coat a square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, milk and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Stir oil and blueberries into flour mixture.
- Layer 1/2 cup reserved streusel topping on bottom of pan. Spread cake mixture evenly over streusel. Sprinkle remaining topping over the top along with pecans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.