Blueberry Crumb Cake
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/4cup flour
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2cups sifted flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1-- egg, beaten
- 1/2cup milk
- 2cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- For the crumb topping, mix together the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- For the cake, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cream the butter in a mixing bowl. Beat in the sugar gradually. Beat in the egg and milk. Add the flour mixture. Fold in the blueberries. Spread in a greased and floured 8- or 9-inch square cake pan. Sprinkle with the crumb topping. Bake at 375F for 40 to 45 minutes. Cut into squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Jacksonville’s Toast of the Coast (The Junior League of Jacksonville, Inc., 2005).