Blueberry Crumb Cake
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
Serve warm and the cinnamon butter crumb topping will melt in your mouth.
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 -- egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- For the crumb topping, mix together the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- For the cake, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cream the butter in a mixing bowl. Beat in the sugar gradually. Beat in the egg and milk. Add the flour mixture. Fold in the blueberries. Spread in a greased and floured 8- or 9-inch square cake pan. Sprinkle with the crumb topping. Bake at 375F for 40 to 45 minutes. Cut into squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Jacksonville’s Toast of the Coast (The Junior League of Jacksonville, Inc., 2005).