- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 25 mins
Don't let the name fool you -- they're blueberry upside-down cupcakes, and they're delicious.
- 7 tablespoons (3 1/2-ounces) butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Coarse sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 6 muffin cups with butter. Line bases with rounds of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Combine butter and granulated sugar in bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Fold in flour, almonds and baking powder. Gently stir in milk and lime zest.
- Place 2 tablespoons blueberries in bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon batter on top of blueberries.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until cakelets are springy to the touch. Remove from oven and cool. Run a sharp knife around edge of each cakelet, then invert pan. Remove parchment paper, and serve, topped with coarse sugar and whipped cream.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.