Blueberry Brunch Casserole
- Yield 8 servings
Make this blueberry treat the night before for a company-worthy breakfast.
A wonderful fruit casserole perfect for brunch.
- 6 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 (6-ounce) containers nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces day-old French bread, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Whisk egg whites and eggs in a large bowl until well beaten. Add milk, yogurt and sugar; mix well. Add bread cubes and toss to coat completely. Add cream cheese and 1 cup blueberries and toss to blend.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake 50 to 55 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes. Garnish with remaining blueberries and whipped topping. Serves 8.
– Robin Decker, Kallispell, Mont.