Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Yield 12 servings
An easy six ingredient dish, perfect for breakfast or dessert
"I make this pudding a lot. Everyone likes it. My grandson will eat some, then want some to carry with him."
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk eggs in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir in milk, sugar and almond extract
- Add bread and set aside for 15 minutes, allowing cubes to absorb egg mixture.
- Gently stir in berries. Spoon into a lightly greased 8-by-8-inch baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This pudding can be put together and refrigerated overnight, then baked the next morning. It’s also delightful with blackberries or raspberries. Spoon a bit of sweetened cream on top when serving.
—Hazel Grogan Carter, Madison, N.C.