Blueberry Banana Cake
- Yield 16 servings
This cake makes a glorious breakfast, or serve as an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 -- eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or drained canned blueberries
- Blend the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Whisk the oil, buttermilk and eggs in a bowl. Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened; do not overmix. Stir in the bananas, pecans and vanilla. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Owensboro’s Home Again, Home Again (Junior League of Owensboro, Kentucky, 2004).