Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
Use a good strong blue cheese, such as Roquefort, in this slaw. Mexican sour cream is richer and thicker than regular sour cream, but either will work fine.
- 1head green cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4cup crumbled Roquefort cheese, divided
- 1/2cup Mexican sour cream or regular sour cream
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1/2cup buttermilk
- 1tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1dash hot sauce
- Place cabbage, carrot and parsley in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup Roquefort cheese and remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over cabbage and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining Roquefort cheese before serving.
Recipe by Doug Hosford.