Blue Cheese- and Cranberry-Stuffed Endive
- Yield 12 servings
Blue cheese, cranberries, and pecans add texture to a cream cheese and apple jelly mixture, all topping fresh endive leaves.
"The nice thing about using the endive is it stays crisp for several hours, so I was can make this appetizer in advance."
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted and finely chopped
- Combine cream cheese and apple jelly in a medium bowl. Using a mixer, beat until smooth. Fold in blue cheese and cranberries.
- Carefully peel leaves from endive, discarding any bruised leaves. Trim ends. Fill center of each leaf with 2 teaspoons cheese mixture and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
Recipe by Margee Berry, Trout Lake, Wash.