Blue Cheese and Apple Coleslaw
- Yield 6 servings
The tanginess of blue cheese finds perfect balance with the sweetness of apples.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 -- (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smtih apple
- Mix the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, sugar and celery salt in a large bowl. Add the coleslaw and toss to coat. Stir in the blue cheese. Chill until ready to serve. Stir in the apple and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).