BLT with Avocado and Arugula Salad
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Bacon, lettuce and the best tomatoes you can buy or grow stack up on a perfect sandwich.
The BLT is America’s second most favorite sandwich; ham is number one.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey-mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 6 vertical slices tomato
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; whisk well. Combine arugula and dressing in a medium bowl; toss to coat leaves with dressing.
- Arrange avocado on 2 slices of toast. Top with bacon, tomato, arugula and remaining toast. Cut diagonally into halves. Makes 2 sandwiches.
Recipe by Jean Kressy