BLT Salad with Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Yield 6 servings
Grilled Lemon Pepper chicken tops this fresh vegetable salad.
- Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade Mix
- 1 teaspoon (heaping) Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade Mix
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 -- boneless, skinless chicken breast (halves)
- 1 pinch salt
- -- Olive oil
- 2 heads Boston, butter or other baby lettuce, washed and dried
- 8 -- sliced thick-cut, pepper-coated bacon (like Nueske’s), diced and cooked
- 1 pint ripe cherry or Santa Claus tomatoes, cut into quarters or halves
- To make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade Mix, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil, making sure it is emulsified before adding more oil.
- To make the salad: In a large nonreactive bowl or glass 13 x 9-inch casserole dish or zip-top plastic bag, mix Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade and lemon juice. Add chicken, cover (or seal bag) and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill. Wash and dry lettuce leaves.
- Brush chicken with oil and season with a pinch of salt. Place directly on the cooking grate for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Let cool to room temperature. When cool, slice chicken on the diagonal and set aside.
- To assemble salad, divide lettuce among 4 plates. Add crumbled bacon, quartered tomatoes and chicken slices. Top with a drizzle of vinaigrette.