- Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette:
- 1teaspoon Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade Mix
- 1teaspoon (heaping) Dijon mustard
- 1/3cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- 2/3cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1package Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade Mix
- 1/2cup fresh lemon juice
- 4-- boneless, skinless chicken breast (halves)
- 1pinch salt
- -- Olive oil
- 2heads Boston, butter or other baby lettuce, washed and dried
- 8-- sliced thick-cut, pepper-coated bacon (like Nueske’s), diced and cooked
- 1pint ripe cherry or Santa Claus tomatoes, cut into quarters or halves
blog comments powered by
To make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade Mix, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil, making sure it is emulsified before adding more oil.
To make the salad: In a large nonreactive bowl or glass 13 x 9-inch casserole dish or zip-top plastic bag, mix Weber® Just Add Juice Lemon Pepper Marinade and lemon juice. Add chicken, cover (or seal bag) and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Preheat the grill. Wash and dry lettuce leaves.
Brush chicken with oil and season with a pinch of salt. Place directly on the cooking grate for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Let cool to room temperature. When cool, slice chicken on the diagonal and set aside.
To assemble salad, divide lettuce among 4 plates. Add crumbled bacon, quartered tomatoes and chicken slices. Top with a drizzle of vinaigrette.
Recipe by Elizabeth Karmel