- Yield 4 servings
Who says a BLT has to be a sandwich? This pretty salad is a great lunch or light dinner. Serve with cornbread and a tall glass of ice tea.
- 12 slices bacon, crisply-cooked
- 4 cups romaine, shredded
- 16 -- dried tomato halves, drained if packed in oil, rehydrated if dried
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vengar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- -- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Coarsely crumble bacon and set aside. In large bowl, toss together romaine, tomatoes and mushrooms. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings; toss with salad mixture and divide evenly among four dinner plates. Top each salad with some bacon and sliced green onion.